5000 Meridian Blvd
Franklin, TN 37067
Telephone (615) 550-1270
posted November 12, 2023
'Outstanding opportunity with a fast and innovative growing company in the Greater Nashville area.'
Staff Accountant - Franklin Construction Group
Franklin Construction Group is the in-house construction company for the Chartwell Companies. Its mission is to capitalize on the vast skills and experience of its team members to deliver cost-effective and timely construction projects of the highest quality. The Company is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant with a focus on Accounts Payable.Summary:
Ensure accurate accounting records for the construction company. Provides financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Accounts Payable process for several projects
- Prepare, review and execute weekly check runs
- Assist in monthly draw process
- Review relevant accounting mail
- Respond to all internal and external inquiries
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Relevant Accounting experience and skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of general ledger systems, financial chart of accounts, and corporate procedures
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- College Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Proficient in MS Office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
- Dynamic team and excellent culture
- Fantastic opportunity with a growing company
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD/D, LTD, STD, 401K with match, Vacation, PTO, Supplemental Insurance
- Professional Development
- Team member travel discount
Chartwell Hospitality specializes in the acquisition, development, and management of high-quality, branded hotels. Our occupancy and market rates consistently surpass the competition. Our growth and success are based on our mission to be the best in the business, as well as a commitment to constantly exceed the expectations of our investors, partners, guests, and associates.
The Chartwell Mission
Chartwell Hospitality is a company committed to growth by exceeding the expectations of our associates, guests, and partners. We strive to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected, and where doing it the “right way” takes precedence over doing it the “easy way.” Our growth is built on honest business practices, a strong commitment to our associates, progressive sales practices and a dedication to providing well-maintained hotels.
Our Excellent Care and Customer Service Leads to High-Performing Properties
Our strict value-creation criteria, combined with our commitment to providing guests with excellent customer service and well-maintained properties, enables our hotels to consistently achieve higher occupancy and market rates than our competitors. And, it has earned several properties in our portfolio top industry awards, including “Developer of the Year” and “Lifetime Achievement Award” for Hilton.