5000 Meridian Blvd
Franklin, TN 37067
Telephone (615) 550-1270
posted November 12, 2023
'Outstanding opportunity with a fast growing and innovative construction company in the Greater Nashville area.'
Construction Accountant - Franklin Construction Group
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the full cycle accounting for a portfolio of hotel properties. Duties include: preparing and maintaining accurate financial records by performing a variety of complex clerical and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of financial records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
*Position is not remote*
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and analysis of:
o Financial statements, job costing reports, budgets, cash flow projections
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and updating supporting schedules and workbooks
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Review construction contractor bills and reconcile against purchase orders and progress billing
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for multiple clients’ accounting and bookkeeping needs
- Prepare Property Tax Returns and other related tax forms
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Conduct analysis as required by management
- Complete ad hoc requests
- Communicate routinely with Project Managers on a variety of job-related topics including bonding, insurance and contract agreements
- Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly
- Develop, implement, and maintain construction management system, including setting up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, contracts, change orders, purchase orders, and various construction progress reports.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field preferred with 2 years of construction accounting experience
- Or 5 years construction experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Construction experience and/or real estate background, required
- Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of general ledger systems, financial chart of accounts, fixed assets, project costs, and intercompany transactions
- Experience preparing consolidated financial statements
- Peachtree (Sage). Textura Payment Management is a plus
- Sales tax, Tennessee business tax (gross receipts tax), and personal property tax experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize, thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Integrity, dependability and trustworthiness
- Ability to work with various, dynamic personalities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
- Dynamic team and excellent culture
- Fantastic opportunity with a growing company
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD/D, LTD, STD, 401K, Vacation, PTO
- Professional Development
- Team member travel discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
Chartwell Hospitality specializes in the acquisition, development, and management of high-quality, branded hotels. Our occupancy and market rates consistently surpass the competition. Our growth and success are based on our mission to be the best in the business, as well as a commitment to constantly exceed the expectations of our investors, partners, guests, and associates.
The Chartwell Mission
Chartwell Hospitality is a company committed to growth by exceeding the expectations of our associates, guests, and partners. We strive to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected, and where doing it the “right way” takes precedence over doing it the “easy way.” Our growth is built on honest business practices, a strong commitment to our associates, progressive sales practices and a dedication to providing well-maintained hotels.
Our Excellent Care and Customer Service Leads to High-Performing Properties
Our strict value-creation criteria, combined with our commitment to providing guests with excellent customer service and well-maintained properties, enables our hotels to consistently achieve higher occupancy and market rates than our competitors. And, it has earned several properties in our portfolio top industry awards, including “Developer of the Year” and “Lifetime Achievement Award” for Hilton.