700 Cool Springs Blvd.
Franklin, TN 37067
Telephone (615) 261-6100
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
posted September 22, 2023
Come be part of the team! We have great benefits, hotel discounts and other perks!
Maintenance Tech / Engineering
Asst Director of Engineering & Director of Engineering
Provide maintenance, room care and necessary repairs on all aspects of the hotel and conference center. Maintain a clean, attractive, and secure place to stay with friendly and attentive service. Respond to guests requests as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- The Engineer-General Maintenance is responsible for maintenance and repair duties for the property, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical and plumbing tasks.
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions, and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- General knowledge of procedures for repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Makes systematic checks on all suite room electrical appliances, circuits; being able to repair most in-room defaults.
- Handles all in-house repairs with regard to removing and replacing bathroom tile, painting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Completes preventative maintenance checklist and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
- Maintains security for guests and property by insuring that room doors are locked at all times, keys are controlled, lost and found articles are properly logged and securely stored, reports suspicious activity by guest or others and observes all security and safety regulations.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and guests.
- Must be flexible with schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training school (with emphasis on HVAC, electrical and plumbing) is preferred but not required
Hotel Maintenance experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear.
- Life Insurance with AD/D
- Voluntary Life
- Supplemental Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- Travel Discounts
- Bonus Opportunities
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
300 Room Hotel
Stylish Franklin, TN Hotel and Event Venue off I-65
The Franklin Marriott Cool Springs hotel provides a luxurious stay in Franklin, Tennessee. Our hotel's central location, near I-65, puts you close to Downtown Franklin. Drive to FirstBank Amphitheater, Arrington Vineyards, and Downtown Nashville in under twenty minutes. Enjoy hotel amenities, like our exclusive M Club, indoor pool, and large fitness center. Stave serves southern food, hand-crafted cocktails, and offers live music every Wednesday evening. Our weekday shuttle travels to area businesses within a 3-mile radius from 6 am to 10 pm. The guest rooms of our Franklin hotel feature plush beds, chic surroundings, and Smart TVs. Our beautiful event and wedding venues are ideal for corporate conferences or sophisticated parties. Let the style and amenities at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs make us your top choice of Franklin TN hotels in Cool Springs.