135-25 142nd St.
Jamaica, NY 11436
Telephone (718) 848-2552
Managed by Chartwell Hospitality
Current Job Openings
Marriott New York JFK Airport
posted March 13, 2023
- The Accounting manager is responsible to oversee the smooth and efficient processing of accounting and human resources related information and systems at the property level. Provide a leadership role in all accounting and personnel related issues at the property.
Essential Job Functions:
Hotel General Cashier
- Verify deposits of each cashier and document variances daily
- Document due back and issue in a timely manner
- Provide change to all cashiers during specified times
- Make deposits to bank with security escort
- Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies including drop envelops
- Maintain MOD bank and replenish as necessary
- House bank issuance and monthly audit
- Communicate deposit information to corporate office daily
- Set up House Accounts and A/R Accounts as needed or directed by management
- Ensure all Group and Direct Bill accounts are accurate and mailed within three business days
- Make collection calls on outstanding accounts to ensure all amounts are collected within 60 days
- Complete credit references for Direct Bill accounts requesting credit
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing/F&B/Banquets to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Maintain high level of organization of filing
- Ensure each invoice received has been properly routed to approving manager
- Research vendor disputes/questions and statements regarding unpaid invoices
- Ensure proper control measures are adhered in compliance with company standards
- Participate in inventory processes to ensure accuracy and controls
- Responsible for all end of month accounting including but not limited to the following:
- AR summary, tax exempt report, PTD/YTD Revenue, inventory accuracy, cash sheet counts, P/L variance report contribution, rebills, accruals, etc.
- BS or BA in Hotel Administration, Management or Accounting preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors and hotel staff
- Must be able to provide legible communication
- Must be able to compute mathematical calculations
- Two years front desk/night audit and one year hotel accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanners and printers and automated property management systems.
- Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
- Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and coworkers as part of a team.
- Maintain high level of office organization by daily filing routine of all job related files.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
Marriott New York JFK Airport
360 Room Hotel
The highly-anticipated Marriott New York JFK Airport features 360 stylish guestrooms, M-Club concierge lounge with views overlooking the airport runways, an over-sized fitness center, excellent dining options, and 6,000 square feet of elegant function space. The hotel caters to the modern traveler who needs a high level of service and amenities, reliable shuttle service to and from the John F. Kennedy International Airport, a quick commute to explore Manhattan and everything the Big Apple has to offer.The event space is ideal for upscale weddings and meetings. The hotel also offers easy access to the Belt Parkway, Van Wyck Expressway, Federal Circle Station, and nearby Resorts World Casino, Belmont Park, Queens Botanical Garden, UBS Arena, St. John’s University, Arthur Ashe Stadium - home to the US Tennis Open and enjoy a quick drive to iconic Long Island. Experience the area like never before.