135-25 142nd St.
Jamaica, NY 11436
Telephone (718) 848-2552
Managed by Chartwell Hospitality
Current Job Openings
Marriott New York JFK Airport
posted March 9, 2023
The financial story is critical to the success of the enterprise and the Finance Director plays a vital role. A true business partner, you bolster operations with accurate financial info that provides a clear view of the property’s fiscal picture. And by expertly interpreting the data in time for operators to alter course and to illuminate owners and investors, your valuable understanding can make a tangible impact. You’re a natural at motivating teams and making an impact motivates you. As a Controller, you’ll have ample opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
This dual position will be at the Marriott New York JFK Airport & Residence Inn New York JFK Airport
As Controller, you will
- Supervise and direct all aspects of hotel financial activities. Apply your comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and confidently oversee the entirety of financial operations.
- Communicate financial results to leaders and stakeholders. Interpret financial data and recommend appropriate courses of action. Serve as a financial advising liaison to hotel management and ownership. Manage and promptly communicate cash flow balances, deposits, and any related issues.
- Exercise an analytical approach to problem resolution.
- Monitor and cultivate team interactions. Embrace a growth environment for thriving team performance and development.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a BA or BS degree in accounting is required, with three to five years experience specific to hotel accounting. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and ownership. You will regularly use a computer and different software.
- Marriott Hotel Discounts
- Long/Short Term
- Supplemental Insurance
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Travel Discounts
Marriott New York JFK Airport
360 Room Hotel
The highly-anticipated Marriott New York JFK Airport features 360 stylish guestrooms, M-Club concierge lounge with views overlooking the airport runways, an over-sized fitness center, excellent dining options, and 6,000 square feet of elegant function space. The hotel caters to the modern traveler who needs a high level of service and amenities, reliable shuttle service to and from the John F. Kennedy International Airport, a quick commute to explore Manhattan and everything the Big Apple has to offer.The event space is ideal for upscale weddings and meetings. The hotel also offers easy access to the Belt Parkway, Van Wyck Expressway, Federal Circle Station, and nearby Resorts World Casino, Belmont Park, Queens Botanical Garden, UBS Arena, St. John’s University, Arthur Ashe Stadium - home to the US Tennis Open and enjoy a quick drive to iconic Long Island. Experience the area like never before.