posted August 26, 2023
“Excellent opportunity with this growing and innovative company headquartered in Nashville, TN, with multiple locations across the country! Company offers a great work environment & culture, excellent benefits and career development opportunities!”
We are looking for outstanding Bench Managers to be provide guidance and leadership to the supervision and operation of our hotels and teams. Through the guidance and leadership of Regional and/or General Managers, create and nurture a customer-focused, team centered, and entrepreneurial environment necessary to produce a profitable hotel. Additionally, assist to ensure consistent compliance with hotel policies and quality guest services while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offer supervision for the entire hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong initiative and desire for personal achievement, while being an engaged and "best in class" team player.
Travel, commitment and flexibility required.
- The Bench Manager or Task Force Manager will be assist with the overall operation (and opening - where applicable) of the hotel including hiring, training, planning, budgeting, sales, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, owner satisfaction, revenue management, and timely reporting. Other responsibilities may include:
- Ensure implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and increasing profit and market share
- Hold property leadership team accountable for strategy execution
- Provide guidance and professional development of the property leadership team and all team members
- Assist with ensuring sales engines are leveraged
- Being active in the local community to build strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding program (interview, hire, train)
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Drive and assist with the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the rooms department including: telephone, housekeeping, front office, laundry, concierge and guest services.
- Work closely with the Regional and General Managers in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
- Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: staff meetings, rooms division meetings, front office meetings, BEO meetings, etc. as needed
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to travel extensively on an as-needed basis
- Reliable transportation and availability 24/7
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- May be required to be on call when away from work
- Proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding P&L statements, and cost controls
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional guest service results as measured through guest satisfaction
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Proficiency with basic computer (PC) and office technology
- Degree in Hotel or Hospitality Management a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, inclusive of the ability to listen effectively and to speak clearly
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizational ability
- Multiple brand experience preferred (Marriott and Hilton)
- Accounting knowledge preferred
- Crisis management - hearing and visual ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
- Ability to exercise considerable managerial skills, as the position may involve frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and planning, organization development, and coordination of large scale work projects
- Must be able to effectively work with very little or no supervision
- Must be a leader, a driver and bottom line oriented
- Valid driver's license
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Candidates for this position must have a minimum of 3 years hotel management experience of Department Head or above, experience in multiple rooms departments - preferred
- Previous experience as a Select-Service or Full-Service Manager with a major hotel brand (i.e. Hilton, Marriott) preferred
- Bonus Potential
- Hotel and Travel Discounts
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short Term Disability
- Vol Life and Supplemental Insurance
- 401K with Company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
Chartwell Hospitality specializes in the acquisition, development, and management of high-quality, branded hotels. Our occupancy and market rates consistently surpass the competition. Our growth and success are based on our mission to be the best in the business, as well as a commitment to constantly exceed the expectations of our investors, partners, guests, and associates.
The Chartwell Mission
Chartwell Hospitality is a company committed to growth by exceeding the expectations of our associates, guests, and partners. We strive to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected, and where doing it the “right way” takes precedence over doing it the “easy way.” Our growth is built on honest business practices, a strong commitment to our associates, progressive sales practices and a dedication to providing well-maintained hotels.
Our Excellent Care and Customer Service Leads to High-Performing Properties
Our strict value-creation criteria, combined with our commitment to providing guests with excellent customer service and well-maintained properties, enables our hotels to consistently achieve higher occupancy and market rates than our competitors. And, it has earned several properties in our portfolio top industry awards, including “Developer of the Year” and “Lifetime Achievement Award” for Hilton.