5775 Windward Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Telephone (678) 240-9222
Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
Posted September 22, 2022
Want to join an amazing team? Enjoy taking the lead on banquet and catering events? Chartwell Hospitality is searching for a Banquet Captain to help provide exceptional service for our very busy hotel!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check server and houseperson banquet event orders and diagrams to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance of all staff.
- Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
- Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
- Will serve as representative for Banquet Department at EO and/or 10Day Meeting if Banquet Manager is unavailable.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Present group contact with banquet check for signature at end of event.
- Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons.
- Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to to communicate in English both verbally and in written communication. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Ability to meet standards of appearance. Can communicate well with guests. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
249 Room Hotel
Hilton hospitality in Alpharetta
Located off US-19, our hotel is surrounded by corporate offices, including AT&T, Bath & Body Works, and many more. We are within 10 minutes of Ameris Bank Amphitheatre, fine dining, and high-end shops at Avalon mall. Stretch your legs along Big Creek Greenway, just over a mile from our hotel. We are less than 30 miles from downtown Atlanta.