700 Cool Springs Blvd.
Franklin, TN 37067
Telephone (615) 261-6100
Current Job Openings
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Posted September 12, 2022
Do you love leading a team but hate the hassle of working downtown?
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check server and houseperson banquet event orders and diagrams to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance of all staff.
- Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
- Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
- Will serve as representative for Banquet Department at EO and/or 10Day Meeting if Banquet Manager is unavailable.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Present group contact with banquet check for signature at end of event.
- Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons.
- Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to to communicate in English both verbally and in written communication. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Ability to meet standards of appearance. Can communicate well with guests. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
300 Room Hotel
When guests stay at the newly renovated Franklin Marriott Cool Springs hotel in Franklin, TN, their travels begin with energy, style, and luxury. They'll stay near upscale shopping, dining, history in Cool Springs, while also enjoying close proximity to Nashville just 20 minutes away. The rolling hills of Tennessee provide the backdrop to a truly unique hotel; every guest room reflects Marriott's modern aesthetic by merging form and function, and emphasizing chic interior architecture. Guests will enjoy the latest in guest room design and technology - including Smart TVs outfitted with Netflix, Hulu and more. They can stay fit in our 24-hour fitness center or indoor pool, and enjoy creative dining options at Stave Regional Kitchen & Lounge. 29,000 square feet of flexible event space, collaborative planning, a glamorous ballroom, and a private landscaped terrace provide the perfect setting for individual guests, group conventions, rehearsal dinners, and wedding ceremonies to set the stage for happily-ever-after.