posted August 30, 2023
Excellent career opportunity with a fast-growing company, headquartered in Franklin, TN!
The Office Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the organization. Functional areas include management of office and support the COO and Corporate Leadership team. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, talented, upbeat, organized and service-oriented person who has fantastic people skills.
- Open and close office during operating hours
- Answering, screening and directing calls on a multi-line phone system
- Greeting and assisting visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Managing meeting room calendars
- Managing incoming and outbound mail
- Maintaining the corporate directory
- Maintaining the internal shared website resources
- Maintaining the orderliness of the mail room, meeting rooms, kitchen and other shared spaces, including stocking of inventory
- Point of contact for building maintenance issues, copy machine issues and office supply requests.
- Assisting various departments with administrative needs (copying, mailings, correspondence, travel plans, etc.)
Additional Job Responsibilities, as needed:
- Create and modify documents such as reports, memos, letters, and spreadsheets using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office or other programs
- Provide support using PowerPoint and Excel to create dashboards, charts, spreadsheets, statistical tables, databases and ad hoc reports, etc.
- Prepare and/or collect visual and written materials for meetings and presentations including slides and/or PowerPoint files
- Coordinate communication with the Corporate employees and Chartwell Hospitality property GMs and leadership teams
- Arrange events or meetings by coordinating facilities and caterer, issuing invitations, information and documentation, coordinating external and internal customers
- Schedule, reserve and prepare conference room for meetings, including AV equipment as needed
- Attend meetings, committee meetings or other meetings as requested in order to record minutes and then compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Update and maintain Chartwell Hospitality’s digital information resource (shared drive)
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of office managing and/or high-level administrative experience in a professional office setting.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail, and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
- Hotel and Travel Discounts
- Life & AD/D and Voluntary Plans
- Long/Short Term
- Critical Illness
- 401-K with Company Match
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation: Based on Experience
Chartwell Hospitality specializes in the acquisition, development, and management of high-quality, branded hotels. Our occupancy and market rates consistently surpass the competition. Our growth and success are based on our mission to be the best in the business, as well as a commitment to constantly exceed the expectations of our investors, partners, guests, and associates.
The Chartwell Mission
Chartwell Hospitality is a company committed to growth by exceeding the expectations of our associates, guests, and partners. We strive to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected, and where doing it the “right way” takes precedence over doing it the “easy way.” Our growth is built on honest business practices, a strong commitment to our associates, progressive sales practices and a dedication to providing well-maintained hotels.
Our Excellent Care and Customer Service Leads to High-Performing Properties
Our strict value-creation criteria, combined with our commitment to providing guests with excellent customer service and well-maintained properties, enables our hotels to consistently achieve higher occupancy and market rates than our competitors. And, it has earned several properties in our portfolio top industry awards, including “Developer of the Year” and “Lifetime Achievement Award” for Hilton.