Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton
Posted September 10, 2021
The Homewood Suites Denton has an opportunity for you to make a positive impact on others. We are searching for an energetic team player to lead our Housekeeping Department and exceed our guests' expectations.
Responsible for leading the Housekeeping Team to surpass guest expectations by exceeding the cleanliness and service standards set forth by Hilton and Chartwell Hospitality.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure an environment in which high standards of comfort, service, and quality exist for our guests.
- Ensures teamwork and enhances cooperation between all departments.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new associates.
- Prepares work schedules, and ensures housekeeping standards are met.
- Takes regular monthly inventories of linen, cleaning chemicals, and laundry chemicals. Prepares requisitions or places orders for those items and suite supplies. Ensures that budgeted expense goals are met through proper usage control of those items.
- Maintains all required associate records such as performance appraisals and time cards.
- Maintains security for guests and property by ensuring that room doors are locked at all times, keys are controlled, lost and found articles are properly logged and securely stored, reports suspicious activity by guests or others, and observes all security and safety regulations.
- Prepares Suite Attendants Daily Report, assigns specific suites to each suite attendant, supervises housekeeping personnel to ensure that carts are properly stocked and that all room cleaning and laundry work assignments are completed according to the property’s standards.
- Prepares and submits the Daily Housekeeping Report to ensure accurate status of all suites and explains any discrepancies in the suites rented versus suites cleaned.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly inspection programs to ensure the placement of standards and cleanliness.
- Report maintenance problems by completing work orders and follow up on maintenance work in suites to ensure that work is completed.
- Performs daily suite inspections on all guestrooms and public areas of the hotel.
- Ensure the smooth, continuous operation of the laundry in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Ensure all associates wear uniforms and name tags at all times and present themselves in a professional manner.
- Performs monthly cost per load analysis.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as designated by the General Manager.
- Performs or coordinates other tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and time management skills
- Adaptability and enthusiasm
- Report and accounting skills
- Guest relation skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
Hotel level housekeeping, preferably extended stay focused required. Two years of previous team management or supervisory experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or fingers; or feel objects, tools, or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include a close vision of a computer screen.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton
107 Room Extended Stay
Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Denton, TX hotel, idyllically set on Unicorn Lake. Enjoy easy access to Denton’s shopping, restaurant and entertainment scene. Major Denton businesses, including Sally Beauty Supply, Peterbilt Motors, and Denton Regional Medical Center, are minutes away. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from the University of North Texas.
This lakeside Denton, TX hotel offers a homelike setting with a complimentary hot full breakfast every day, and dinner light fare and beverages served Monday through Thursday evenings. Experience all the comforts of home including complimentary internet access.