Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Posted June 10, 2021
To create 100% guest satisfaction for guests by supervising the rooms cleaning process
Indicators of Success
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Cleanliness of rooms
- Number and type of rooms cleaned each day
Areas of Responsibility
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
- Communicates and demonstrates quality service to other employees
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
- Performs other duties as required to provide genuine hospitality
Provides employees with the information needed to perform their job effectively
- Orients employees to the department and hotel and provides on-the-job training on job responsibilities
- Prioritizes and assigns work
- Provides feedback to the employee and department manager on the employee’s performance of job responsibilities
Supervises Room Attendants in the cleaning of guest rooms
- Verifies that all rooms have been cleaned by reviewing the list of rooms cleaned by each room attendant daily
- Supervises the completion of short notice requests for rooms
- Prepares requests for replacement of furniture, fixtures, etc. and follows up to ensure completion of request
- Inspects all check-out/stay over rooms for adherence to Radisson’s standards
- Monitors quality of rooms by conducting and documenting inspections of cleaned rooms
- Prioritizes special cleaning requests (i.e. VIP rooms, check-in, etc.)
Ensures that linen closets are maintained as appropriate
- Verifies that carts are stored properly and closets are locked
- Assists in inventories as requested
Focus On the Customer… Seek to understand the guest and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
Demonstrate Openness and Respect for Others… Value and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Build Strong Relationships… Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
Key Skills and Requirements
Stand-up and/or One-on-one Training… Skilled in the use of techniques and strategies required to deliver training material in group and one-on-one settings.
Organization… Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources and time.
Technical Service Skills... Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
169 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt is two blocks from the Vanderbilt University campus in the city’s West End area. Walk to over 50 restaurants from our 169-room hotel, which is just minutes from downtown. See over 300 species of plants, shrubs and the Bicentennial Oak on campus.
Vanderbilt Medical Center, Baptist Hospital and Centennial Medical Center are within a mile of the hotel. Lunch on ‘meat and three’ or a burger and shake at Rotier’s or Elliston Place Soda Shop, two legendary Nashville restaurants that have served Vanderbilt students for over sixty years. Shop for out-of-print books and vintage clothes at nearby Elliston Place or take a short ride to The Mall at Green Hills, Nashville’s premier shopping destination.
Hear great music at historic Ryman Auditorium, the Grand Ole Opry, or nearby Exit/In and Bluebird Café. Bridgestone Area also hosts concerts. View a scale-sized replica of The Parthenon and Athena statue in Centennial Park. Tour The Hermitage, home of President Andrew Jackson, or Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art. Watch the Vanderbilt Commodores or Tennessee Titans play football. Attend a conference at Music City Center, Nashville’s convention center.