Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Posted May 1, 2021
Chartwell Hospitality is looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician with career aspirations within a growing company. We need an enthusiastic, go-getter interested in being groomed into the next Chief Engineer.
Provide preventative maintenance, suite care and necessary repairs on all aspects of the hotel. Maintain a clean, attractive, and secure place to stay with friendly and attentive service.
Essential Job Functions
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions, and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- General knowledge of procedures for repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Makes systematic checks on all suite room electrical appliances, circuits; being able to repair most in-room defaults.
- Handles all in-house repairs with regard to removing and replacing bathroom tile, painting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Performs Suite Care program in suites and public area of hotel.
- Completes preventative maintenance checklist and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
- Maintains security for guests and property by insuring that room doors are locked at all times, keys are controlled, lost and found articles are properly logged and securely stored, reports suspicious activity by guest or others and observes all security and safety regulations.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Guest relation skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training school (with emphasis on HVAC, electrical and plumbing) is preferred but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
169 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt is two blocks from the Vanderbilt University campus in the city’s West End area. Walk to over 50 restaurants from our 169-room hotel, which is just minutes from downtown. See over 300 species of plants, shrubs and the Bicentennial Oak on campus.
Vanderbilt Medical Center, Baptist Hospital and Centennial Medical Center are within a mile of the hotel. Lunch on ‘meat and three’ or a burger and shake at Rotier’s or Elliston Place Soda Shop, two legendary Nashville restaurants that have served Vanderbilt students for over sixty years. Shop for out-of-print books and vintage clothes at nearby Elliston Place or take a short ride to The Mall at Green Hills, Nashville’s premier shopping destination.
Hear great music at historic Ryman Auditorium, the Grand Ole Opry, or nearby Exit/In and Bluebird Café. Bridgestone Area also hosts concerts. View a scale-sized replica of The Parthenon and Athena statue in Centennial Park. Tour The Hermitage, home of President Andrew Jackson, or Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art. Watch the Vanderbilt Commodores or Tennessee Titans play football. Attend a conference at Music City Center, Nashville’s convention center.