Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
Posted April 2, 2021
Come be part of the team at the newest hotel in Alpharetta! We have great benefits, hotel discounts and other perks!
A Banquet Server is responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to banquet guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Read Banquet Event Order (BEO) and know how to complete a set-up.
- Set tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly.
- Keep station neat and clean while servicing guests per established policies and procedures.
- Greet guests and respond to requests.
- Serve Food and Beverage to guests consistently throughout the banquet.
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Assist in setting up/breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders.
- Complete assigned side work.
- Hours: Flexible; scheduled days and times may vary based on need. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Know and use "Suggestive Selling" techniques.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear.
- Life Insurance with AD/D
- Voluntary Life
- Supplemental Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Travel Discounts
- Requires a working knowledge of food service and hotel's services, policies and operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
Hilton hospitality in Alpharetta
Located off US-19, our hotel is surrounded by corporate offices, including AT&T, Bath & Body Works, and many more. We are within 10 minutes of Ameris Bank Amphitheatre, fine dining, and high-end shops at Avalon mall. Stretch your legs along Big Creek Greenway, just over a mile from our hotel. We are less than 30 miles from downtown Atlanta.