Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte South Park
Posted January 13, 2021
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
This combined role of Executive Chef and F&B Director is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of restaurants, bars, banquets, catering and culinary at the property. The goal is maximizing food and beverage revenue; selecting, training and developing team members; developing menus; managing culinary production and storerooms; maintenance of equipment; establishing and maintaining quality product and service levels while maximizing profits; forecasting and budgeting. Ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards and liquor laws. Keeps high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and insure outstanding customer service.
This position REQUIRES strong culinary management background.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Functions:
Participates in the development and implementation of business strategies for the hotel which are aligned with Chartwell’s overall mission, vision values and strategies
- Oversee all aspects of food and beverage operations by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of food and beverage management, including kitchen, outlets and banquet/catering operations, staffing, and budget and forecast management.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. You have a strong culinary management background that can extend to an entire food and beverage operation. Your passion for hospitality service is contagious and you are a natural coach that masterfully builds effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best.
- Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful food and beverage marketing programs, artfully leverage revenue management within tight margins, driving profit to the bottom line with solid financial controls. Develop menus and work with sales to create enticements that capture both in-house guests and the local market share, achieving or beating sales goals.
- Keep a pulse on the budget. Develop, recommend and manage the division's budget, business marketing plan, and forecasts, to meet or exceed management expectations. Buys or supervises purchase of food daily, taking advantage of fresh foods in season; monitors receipt of supplies and proper storage; estimates food, overhead, and labor costs; and establishes menu prices accordingly
- Take measures to protect guests, associates, and the asset. Help oversee food and operational safety to ensure a comfortable environment for guests, that's safe for associates. Take preventive measures to maximize workplace safety and loss prevention. Meets requirements set by the Board of Health.
- Additional Duties as requested by the General Manager
Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
A four-year college education or equivalent is helpful, with four to five years of employment in a related position required. Advanced hospitality knowledge in food and beverage is expected. An intimate working knowledge of culinary standards and management execution with an entrepreneurial spirit to create and mentor superior culinary talent is essential. In addition, a history with annual revenue and expense budgets is preferred. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and leadership. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and various other software's.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT TO BE CONSIDERED* Click Here
Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte South Park
270 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/SouthPark boasts a fantastic location in the classic and upscale SouthPark neighborhood, convenient to local businesses and restaurants. SouthPark mall is located within walking distance, providing a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options.
Enjoy all the comforts of home our Charlotte hotel provides including a full kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove and dishwasher in all guest rooms. Work at the spacious desk and keep in touch with complimentary internet access. Accessible rooms are also available offering all the standard amenities plus extra features for your comfort.
Start your morning with complimentary hot full breakfast served daily. Enjoy complimentary Evening Social with a light meal and drinks* offered Monday through Thursday. Plunge into the outdoor pool after an energetic work out in the fitness center. Stay connected to work from our business center with complimentary 24-hour printing and fax. Our Charlotte/SouthPark, NC hotel boasts 2,500 sq. ft. of meeting space for weddings and banquets in a 150-guest range, or small meetings and events for 25-75 guests.
Hilton Garden Inn
Welcome to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/SouthPark, a new hotel with an unbeatable location in the upscale SouthPark neighborhood. Several corporate offices are within close proximity and it’s a quick walk to great shopping and dining at Sharon Corners Shopping Center, Phillips Place and SouthPark Mall. Restaurants and conveniences surround our hotel, and major universities and wedding venues are minutes away. Watch a Carolina Panthers game, visit Carowinds Amusement Park, or see a Charlotte Hornets game or concert at The Spectrum Center – all within six miles of our Charlotte hotel.
Enjoy all-day dining at the Garden Grille, a casual restaurant serving fresh, inspired American fare. Our wine bar is perfect for after-work drinks and appetizers, and the Pavilion Pantry® is always open for snacks and travel items. Relax in our resort-style heated outdoor pool, and work out in the 24-hour fitness center. Our Charlotte SouthPark hotel also has a 24-hour business center and 2,500 sq. ft. of event space for up to 120 guests.