Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
Posted November 16, 2020
The Dual Controller is responsible to oversee the smooth and efficient processing of accounting and human resources related information and systems at the property level. Provide a leadership role in all accounting and personnel related issues at the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Hotel General Cashier
- Verify deposits of each cashier and document variances daily
- Document due back and issue in a timely manner
- Provide change to all cashiers during specified times
- Make deposits to bank with security escort
- Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies including drop envelops
- Maintain MOD bank and replenish as necessary
- House bank issuance and monthly audit
- Communicate deposit information to corporate office daily
- Set up House Accounts and A/R Accounts as needed or directed by management
- Ensure all Group and Direct Bill accounts are accurate and mailed within three business days
- Make collection calls on outstanding accounts to ensure all amounts are collected within 60 days
- Complete credit references for Direct Bill accounts requesting credit
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing/F&B/Banquets to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Maintain high level of organization of filing
- Ensure each invoice received has been properly routed to approving manager
- Research vendor disputes/questions and statements regarding unpaid invoices
- Ensure proper control measures are adhered in compliance with company standards
- Participate in inventory processes to ensure accuracy and controls
- Responsible for all end of month accounting including but not limited to the following:
- AR summary, tax exempt report, PTD/YTD Revenue, inventory accuracy, cash sheet counts, P/L variance report contribution, rebills, accruals, etc.
Human Resources Generalist:
- Manage and direct functions relating to Employment, Benefits and Wage Administration.
- Monitor the team member performance appraisal program to ensure reviews are timely; Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and Goals are measurable.
- Review and appraise all staff changes and paperwork for merit and accuracy. Approve required Human Resources forms such as Personnel Authorization and Team Member Communication forms.
- Recruit, hire and process team members necessary to maintain hotel staffing levels.
- Supervise and review the preparation of periodic reports relating to the Human Resource function. (e.g. EEO, labor turnover, payroll analysis, operational budget, HR Measurements etc.)
- Assist in the administration of all team member benefit programs, assuring timely processing of all related claims and team member awareness of available benefits.
- Assist in the development of all hotel personnel by developing or using pre-determined programs and/or instructing staff in the skills and techniques required to perform their job in accordance to the standard determined by the hotel.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation
- Review and submit all payroll information for processing and address all payroll related inquiries.
- BS or BA in Hotel Administration, Management or Accounting preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors and hotel staff
- Must be able to provide legible communication
- Must be able to compute mathematical calculations
- Two years front desk/night audit and one year hotel accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanners and printers and automated property management systems.
- Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
- Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and coworkers as part of a team.
- Maintain high level of office organization by daily filing routine of all job related files.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
Hilton hospitality in Alpharetta
Located off US-19, our hotel is surrounded by corporate offices, including AT&T, Bath & Body Works, and many more. We are within 10 minutes of Ameris Bank Amphitheatre, fine dining, and high-end shops at Avalon mall. Stretch your legs along Big Creek Greenway, just over a mile from our hotel. We are less than 30 miles from downtown Atlanta.