Hilton New York JFK Airport
Posted October 6, 2020
Provide preventative maintenance, suite care and necessary repairs on all aspects of the hotel. Maintain a clean, attractive, and secure place to stay with friendly and attentive service.
Essential Job Functions
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions, and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- General knowledge of procedures for repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Makes systematic checks on all suite room electrical appliances, circuits; being able to repair most in-room defaults.
- Handles all in-house repairs with regard to removing and replacing bathroom tile, painting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Performs Suite Care program in suites and public area of hotel.
- Completes preventative maintenance checklist and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
- Maintains security for guests and property by insuring that room doors are locked at all times, keys are controlled, lost and found articles are properly logged and securely stored, reports suspicious activity by guest or others and observes all security and safety regulations.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Guest relation skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training school (with emphasis on HVAC, electrical and plumbing)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 50 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
Hilton New York JFK Airport
356 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Just ¼ mile from JFK Airport, Hilton New York JFK Airport is your ticket to convenience whether you’re flying in, flying out, or just looking for a hotel near Jamaica, NY’s corporate offices. Take advantage of our free shuttle, plus an indoor pool and complimentary business center. Located in a neighborhood of Queens, our Jamaica, NY hotel is a great base for a side trip into Manhattan, 15 miles away.
- ¼ mile from JFK airport with complimentary airport shuttle
- Located near DHL, Swissport, GEO Group, and Delta corporate offices
- Mini-fridge and designated work space in all guest rooms
- Sparkling indoor pool and well-equipped fitness center
- American bistro-style restaurant and sports bar open until midnight daily
- 9 versatile meeting rooms accommodating up to 500 guests