Posted October 6, 2020
Accounting/Human Resources Department Head at the New Hilton Alpharetta Atlanta
- The Accounting manager is responsible to oversee the smooth and efficient processing of accounting and human resources related information and systems at the property level. Provide a leadership role in all accounting and personnel related issues at the property.
Essential Job Functions:
Hotel General Cashier
- Verify deposits of each cashier and document variances daily
- Document due back and issue in a timely manner
- Provide change to all cashiers during specified times
- Make deposits to bank with security escort
- Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies including drop envelops
- Maintain MOD bank and replenish as necessary
- House bank issuance and monthly audit
- Communicate deposit information to corporate office daily
- Set up House Accounts and A/R Accounts as needed or directed by management
- Ensure all Group and Direct Bill accounts are accurate and mailed within three business days
- Make collection calls on outstanding accounts to ensure all amounts are collected within 60 days
- Complete credit references for Direct Bill accounts requesting credit
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing/F&B/Banquets to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Maintain high level of organization of filing
- Ensure each invoice received has been properly routed to approving manager
- Research vendor disputes/questions and statements regarding unpaid invoices
- Ensure proper control measures are adhered in compliance with company standards
- Participate in inventory processes to ensure accuracy and controls
- Responsible for all end of month accounting including but not limited to the following:
- AR summary, tax exempt report, PTD/YTD Revenue, inventory accuracy, cash sheet counts, P/L variance report contribution, rebills, accruals, etc.
Human Resources Generalist
- Manage and direct functions relating to Employment, Benefits and Wage Administration.
- Monitor the team member performance appraisal program to ensure reviews are timely; Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and Goals are measurable.
- Review and appraise all staff changes and paperwork for merit and accuracy. Approve required Human Resources forms such as Personnel Authorization and Team Member Communication forms.
- Recruit, hire and process team members necessary to maintain hotel staffing levels.
- Supervise and review the preparation of periodic reports relating to the Human Resource function. (e.g. EEO, labor turnover, payroll analysis, operational budget, HR Measurements etc.)
- Assist in the administration of all team member benefit programs, assuring timely processing of all related claims and team member awareness of available benefits.
- Assist in the development of all hotel personnel by developing or using pre-determined programs and/or instructing staff in the skills and techniques required to perform their job in accordance to the standard determined by the hotel.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation
- Review and submit all payroll information for processing and address all payroll related inquiries.
- BS or BA in Hotel Administration, Management or Accounting preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors and hotel staff
- Must be able to provide legible communication
- Must be able to compute mathematical calculations
- Two years front desk/night audit and one year hotel accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanners and printers and automated property management systems.
- Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
- Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and coworkers as part of a team.
- Maintain high level of office organization by daily filing routine of all job related files.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT TO BE CONSIDERED* https://rdr.devinegroup.com/?UWWFAJ