5000 Meridian Blvd
Franklin, TN 37067
Telephone (615) 550-1270
Posted September 23, 2020
Exciting opportunity with a fast growing construction and development company headquartered in the Greater Nashville, TN area. (an affiliate of Chartwell Hospitality)
Vice President of Construction Operations (Franklin Construction Group, LLC)
The Vice President of Construction Operations will have a hands-on role in nearly every aspect of construction management; including planning, organizing and directing all actions to achieve or exceed profitability targets, operational efficiencies, and company objectives. The Vice President of Construction Operations reports directly to company ownership and is responsible for hiring and supervising the project management team, leading the development and management of achievable project budgets, and working with the President/Owner on overseeing all construction, preconstruction and business development operations.
The ideal candidate will possess an extensive knowledge of basic construction site operations, as well as a general understanding of the real estate industry.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Effectively manage the day-to-day construction company operations. This includes maintaining all project budgets, subcontractor relationships, working with project design team as necessary, and meeting all project plans and specification requirements.
• Recruiting of Project Managers for the company, including interviewing, recommending and onboarding
• Reviewing & approving AIA contract agreements and payment applications
• Provides input on any design/build, or Value Engineering requirements of project construction plans
• Evaluate and manage all field superintendent, assistant superintendent and other required project staff.
• Assists with the drafting and reviewing contracts, and stay involved with all projects from “ground breaking” to Certificate of Occupancy (CO) – plus any warranty related issues that arise after CO but during warranty coverage period
• Create and maintain a safe and secure worksite with on-site Project Management team
• Ensure that procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for various projects are accurate, updated and complete
• Direct, measure, and report progress towards project goals while maintaining focus for completing all projects per plans and specifications within the contracted budget.
• Manage/attend bi-weekly meetings with construction company ownership team related to all active construction jobs to provide updates
• Effectively communicate directly with construction company ownership and project ownership to ensure a cohesive team throughout the lifetime of all various projects
• Foster and maintain a positive working environment for all company employees
• Demonstrated ability to provide organizational leadership to achieve company goals
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships with clients, peers, and associates throughout the company and affiliates
• Proven track record for successfully managing all facets of preconstruction, construction and business development
• Coach and develop successful teams
• Extensive industry knowledge and demonstrated technical acumen
• Expertise in prioritizing between competing issues, project needs, business needs, organizational issues, and client relations while making judgements using sound insight and wisdom
• Expertise in all aspects of construction activities including proposals, negotiating, bidding, estimating, contracting, scheduling, job-costing, construction management, and problem solving.
• Flexible availability and adaptability, with the dedication to ensure successful completion of a project
Required Skills and Education:
• Minimum 12-15 years of construction industry experience
• 5-7 years at VP or Director level experience with construction company
• 8-10 years of Project Management involvement
• Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field required
• Master’s Degree preferred, but not required
• Skilled in AIA Construction Contract administration
• Skilled in Procore Construction Management software
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project Management
• Experience in Multifamily, Single Family and Commercial Construction
• Extensive subcontractor relationships in the Tennessee area
• Self-motivated & driven to achieve professional goals
• Highly organized and attention to detail
* Share project completion list as an attachment to resume to be considered
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands/fingers; feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 50 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer/pad screen.
• Franklin Construction Group, LLC is affiliated with the National Hotel Development & Management Company, Chartwell Hospitality. Also affiliated with the Regional Apartment Development Company, SR Residential. Franklin Construction Group, LLC is the in-house General Construction company for these companies.
• Competitive Salary and Benefits Package – Medical, Dental, Vision & Drug Insurance, Life Insurance, Supplemental Insurance, 401K, Vacation/PTO.