Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
St. Charles, IL
Posted September 1, 2020
Front Office Manager
The Front Office Manager is a department head level position reporting directly to the General Manager. Responsible for overall operation of the Front Desk, which includes room rental, reservation management, team member staffing, training, record keeping, report preparation, guest relations and to act as property Manager on Duty when assigned. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure an environment in which high standards of comfort, service, and quality exist for our guests.
- Ensures teamwork and enhances cooperation between all departments.
- Work productively with General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Director of Sales, and all Front Office staff to ensure proper room inventory controls.
- Read and respond to SALT comments and Trip Advisor postings
- Works with maintenance to ensure proper key controls.
- Maintain departmental budget and staffing levels in relation to occupancy levels.
- Maintains accurate payroll and employee records.
- Performs timely and fair reviews.
- Sets performance standards for team members and administers coaching and discipline as necessary.
- Accurate and complete adherence to bank records and other procedures to ensure complete and timely collections.
- Maintain Front Desk, PBX, Shuttle Driver and Bellstand team members to highest standards.
- Provide comprehensive Brand and Property training to Front Office staff.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as designated by the General Manager.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Marriott Experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening and problem-solving skills
- Report and accounting skills.
- Have fully functional computer skills including experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3-5 years of hotel experience with progressive job responsibilities or roles during that time is preferred.
Please complete an application here AND complete a personality assessment HERE (You must complete both).
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
121 Room Hotel
The Courtyard Chicago St. Charles hotel is nestled on a quiet corner, just a mile from downtown and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Our hotel near Chicago serves a charming historic town on the Fox River, less than an hour from downtown and within easy reach DuPage County Airport. Shop nearby Charlestowne mall or attend events at both the Mega Center and the QCenter. You'll feel right at home in a comfortable renovated hotel room featuring a large work area, in-room coffee and complimentary weekday newspaper. We also offer complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. Start your morning off with reasonably priced breakfast options or a Starbuck's coffee. After a day of meetings or shopping, rejuvenate in our indoor heated pool or whirlpool, or relax by the fire in our cozy lobby lounge featuring a full bar. And if you're hosting a rehearsal dinner or looking for accommodations for overnight guests, we can customize a wedding package just for you.