Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven
Posted May 15, 2020
“Excellent opportunity with a great brand and high quality ownership/management group"
Chartwell Hospitality is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead a team to high results. A successful candidate will have a strong sense of urgency, personal initiative, and determination, be able to drive sales and exceed expectations of both team members and guests. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a proven track record of successfully managing a hotel's overall operation, with strong experience in team leadership, Sales and excellence in Guest Service. A strong leader that can create a motivating work environment develop team members and deliver results while upholding all brand quality standards and maintain budgeted revenues and expenses.
- Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Performs Sales duties including marketing calls, attending community business functions, qualifying and retention of an in-house group and corporate business, and assisting Director of Sales with hotel sales strategies.
- Meets all Accounts Receivable standards, and conducts monthly calls to ensure aging is current.
- Ensures staff receives proper training for each position, and company standard operating procedures.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and completes in budget planning.
- Reviews monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows company policies and procedures and can effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Previous Hotel GM Experience required.
- Marriott experience a plus
- Passion to provide exemplary guest service
- Ability to create and develop a dynamic team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Proficiency with basic computer (PC) and office technology
- Degree in Hotel or Hospitality Management a plus
- Local market experience a plus
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Bonus Program
- Long/Short Term
- 401-K with matching
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT TO BE CONSIDERED*
Click this link to complete the assessment now: https://apps.outmatch.com/SurveyDelivery/Web/register?registrationId=9KhJdH5d1EE9N%2bqJcjbi0w%3d%3d
Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven
85 Room Hotel
Conveniently situated between Tunica, Mississippi and Memphis, Tennessee, Courtyard Memphis Southaven gives you easy access to the best each state has to offer. Experience a smooth arrival when you utilize our hotel's complimentary shuttle service from nearby Memphis International Airport. After settling in, head out for an afternoon of shopping at Southaven Towne Center, catch a show at Landers Center, or take a tour of Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley. When it's time to relax, retreat to our modern rooms and suites featuring stylish furnishings, free Wi-Fi and moveable work desks. In the morning, fuel up with breakfast and Starbucks® beverages from The Bistro, then return in the evening for dinner and drinks. Looking to work up a sweat? Our hotel features a fitness center and indoor pool, perfect for guests seeking to stay active throughout their getaway.