Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Posted July 8, 2019
The Franklin Marriott , a Chartwell Hospitality property, is looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician with career aspirations within a growing company. We need an enthusiastic, go-getter with a great attitude and desire to help the guest.
Provide preventative maintenance, suite care and necessary repairs on all aspects of the hotel. Maintain a clean, attractive, and secure place to stay with friendly and attentive service.
Essential Job Functions
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions, and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- General knowledge of procedures for repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Makes systematic checks on all suite room electrical appliances, circuits; being able to repair most in-room defaults.
- Handles all in-house repairs with regard to removing and replacing bathroom tile, painting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Performs Suite Care program in suites and public area of hotel.
- Completes preventative maintenance checklist and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
- Maintains security for guests and property by insuring that room doors are locked at all times, keys are controlled, lost and found articles are properly logged and securely stored, reports suspicious activity by guest or others and observes all security and safety regulations.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Guest relation skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training school (with emphasis on HVAC, electrical and plumbing) is preferred but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
300 Room Hotel
When guests stay at the newly renovated Franklin Marriott Cool Springs hotel in Franklin, TN, their travels begin with energy, style, and luxury. They'll stay near upscale shopping, dining, history in Cool Springs, while also enjoying close proximity to Nashville just 20 minutes away. The rolling hills of Tennessee provide the backdrop to a truly unique hotel; every guest room reflects Marriott's modern aesthetic by merging form and function, and emphasizing chic interior architecture. Guests will enjoy the latest in guest room design and technology - including Smart TVs outfitted with Netflix, Hulu and more. They can stay fit in our 24-hour fitness center or indoor pool, and enjoy creative dining options at Stave Regional Kitchen & Lounge. 29,000 square feet of flexible event space, collaborative planning, a glamorous ballroom, and a private landscaped terrace provide the perfect setting for individual guests, group conventions, rehearsal dinners, and wedding ceremonies to set the stage for happily-ever-after.