We are seeking an energetic and outgoing individual to join the Hilton New York JFK team as a Sales Coordinator. This position will support the efforts of the Director of Sales:
The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering calls, qualifying and selling our hotel's facilities and services to inquiries and sales leads
- Generating proposals and agreements for group and meeting room events
- Maintaining communication with clients from the beginning to end of their event, to ensure their satisfaction
- Conducting hotel tours and site inspections for prospective clients
- Assist in the prospecting function for both Rooms and Catering
- Documenting sales activities in Delphi/DMPE
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place including preparation and submission of reports or internal communications and meets deadlines.
- Builds strong relationships and loyalty all clients/groups and maintains professional integrity.
Other tasks assigned by the GM and DOS
This position is primarily Monday through Friday during normal business hours; however, you must be flexible and available to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours as needed to accommodate client's schedules and attend networking and industry events
Success in this position could lead to advancement opportunities within Chartwell Hospitality.
- Hotel experience is preferred
- Previous front desk, reservations or sales office experience is a plus
- Clear, concise written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced working environment
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient with computers including MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to learn to use new computer systems and programs