We are seeking an energetic and outgoing individual to join the Chartwell Hospitality team for the Hampton Inn Colorado Springs South and new Home2 as a Sales Coordinator. This position will support the efforts of the Director of Sales and handle specific market segments, such as wedding and social groups and meetings, as assigned.
The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering calls, qualifying and selling our hotel's facilities and services to inquiries and sales leads
- Generating proposals and agreements for group and meeting room events
- Maintaining communication with clients from the beginning to end of their event, to ensure their satisfaction
- Conducting hotel tours and site inspections for prospective clients
- Attending community and industry networking events to represent the hotel
- Documenting sales activities in Salespro
- Organizing and participating in sales blitzes
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's competitive set and is a "product expert" when selling against them.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place including preparation and submission of reports or internal communications and meets deadlines.
- Builds strong relationships and loyalty all clients/groups and maintains professional integrity.
Other tasks assigned by the GM and DOS
This position is primarily Monday through Friday during normal business hours; however, you must be flexible and available to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours as needed to accommodate client's schedules and attend networking and industry events.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A SKILLS ASSESSMENT VIA THE FOLLOWING URL: https://rdr.devinegroup.com/?RJUDGB
Success in this position could lead to advancement opportunities within Chartwell Hospitality.
- Hotel experience is preferred, but not required
- Previous front desk, reservations or sales office experience is a plus
- Clear, concise written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced working environment
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient with computers including MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to learn to use new computer systems and programs