To create 100% guest satisfaction for guests by supervising the room cleaning process
Indicators of Success
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Cleanliness of rooms
- Must be Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
Areas of Responsibility
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
- Communicates and demonstrates quality service to other employees
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
- Performs other duties as required to provide genuine hospitality
Provides employees with the information needed to perform their job effectively
- Orients employees to the department and hotel and provides on-the-job training on job responsibilities
- Prioritizes and assigns work
- Provides feedback to the employee and department manager on the employee’s performance of job responsibilities
Supervises Room Attendants in the cleaning of guest rooms
- Verifies that all rooms have been cleaned by reviewing the list of rooms cleaned by each room attendant daily
- Supervises the completion of short notice requests for rooms
- Prepares requests for replacement of furniture, fixtures, etc. and follows up to ensure completion of request
- Inspects all check-out/stay over rooms for adherence to Marriott standards
- Monitors quality of rooms by conducting and documenting inspections of cleaned rooms
- Prioritizes special cleaning requests (i.e. VIP rooms, check-in, etc.)
Ensures that linen closets are maintained as appropriate
- Verifies that carts are stored properly and closets are locked
- Assists in inventories as requested
Focus On the Customer… Seek to understand the guest and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
Demonstrate Openness and Respect for Others… Value and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Build Strong Relationships… Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
Key Skills and Requirements
Stand-up and/or One-on-one Training… Skilled in the use of techniques and strategies required to deliver training material in group and one-on-one settings.
Organization… Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources and time.
Technical Service Skills... Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)