Responsible for cleaning and preparing the property’s linen supply.
Essential Job Functions
- Separates laundry and inspect for stains and repair linens.
- Places laundry into washing machine using proper load capacity restrictions.
- Moves laundry from washers into dryers using proper temperature settings.
- Finishes laundry and folds.
- Inspects finished laundry to assure high quality standards.
- Reports all machine malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains proper stock levels at all times in order to ensure proper amounts of laundry are available the next day.
- Responsible for monthly linen inventory.
- Cleans suite rooms when assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Executive Housekeeper (i.e., vacuuming corridors, cleaning public areas, associate restrooms, washing windows, checking rooms, etc.)
- Maintains security for guests and property by following all security and safety regulations (i.e., cleans work area, removes all linen from dryers, turns off dryers at the end of the day, etc.)
Necessary Skills and Attributes
The ability to read, write and speak English
Hotel level housekeeping preferably extended stay focused required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.