This is a Dual Sales Manager for both the Courtyard and Residence Inn by Marriott Kansas City Downtown Convention Center. The Sales Manager position is responsible for generating top line revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations for the dual branded Courtyard and Residence Inn Downtown Kansas City Convention Center. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Achieving monthly top line revenue goals and increasing the STAR market share of the hotel.
- Proactively selling the hotel through face to face appointments with customers, tele-prospecting, etc.
- Participates in sales blitzes and utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business.
- Evaluates potential business opportunities for the hotel and presents findings as necessary to the GM, Director of Sales and Revenue Manager.
- Gains contacts and business intelligence and shows community spirit through involvement in appropriate organizations.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's competitive set and is a "product expert" when selling against them.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place including preparation and submission of reports or internal communications and meets deadlines.
- Builds strong relationships and loyalty with top producing clients and maintains professional integrity.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Must have previous hotel sales experience including outside/direct sales experience
- Have a stable work history
- Be well-organized and have strong client follow-up
- Be competitive, self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have fully functional computer skills including experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT AS WELL AS COMPLETE AN APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED* Click Here