A Room Service Server is responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Room Service Server, you would be responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set up room service trays and tables to prepare for incoming orders
- Retrieve checks, set tables according to specifications, retrieve food and beverage orders from the kitchen and bar and deliver food to guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Serve meals to guests, collect guest trays and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Present checks to guests and obtain payment
- Return payments/signed checks to order taker
- Perform order taker duties and answer room service telephone, as needed
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal skills
- Guest relation skills
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 20 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.