Line cook job description
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- He/she also follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- A Line Cook also assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served.
- He/she is also responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager.
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes is also done by a Line Cook.
- He/she is also tasked to track and report any food waste.
- A Line Cook must also handle, store and rotate all the products properly.
- All Line Cooks are assigned to prepare dishes for costumers with food allergies or intolerance's.
Line cook skills and specifications
- Understanding orders clearly and basic culinary skills
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently
- Good sense of taste and smell
- Ability to perform any function around the kitchen
- Must be able to deliver high quality work
- Knowledge about the different cooking equipment and ingredients
- Ability to remain balanced and work under emergency situations and pressure
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to stand in hot places all day long